Albert Zavaro, the New École de Paris artist, was born in Istanbul in 1925. After the death of his father in 1926, his family moved to settle in France. Zavaro began his study in the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris since 1945. In 1947, he entered the worshop of Maurice Brianchon. Zavaro used to taught in the Ecole des Beaux-Arts from 1970 to 1980, during which Nicolas Blin, Patrick Crulis, Gabor Breznay were instructed by Zavaro. When Zavaro worked in his Montparnasse studio, he found that works of the abstract artists during the 1950s to 60s were often too similar due to its decorative quality, lacking the supremacy that abstract work used to possess in the 1940s. Zavaro chose to work with figures, horses, animals, and natural sceneries. He was awarded the Casa de Velásquez prize in 1952, and Prix de la Maison Descartes in Amsterdam in 1953.